CEB is part of the Institute for Biotechnology and Bioengineering
Membership of International Technical Committees
- Madalena Alves, member of the AD-IWA Task-Group on “Harmonization
of Anaerobic Biodegradation, Activity and Inhibition Assays”,
International Water Association, since 2002.
- Madalena Alves, National Delegate to
Cost 636 – Xenobiotics in
the urban water cycle.
- Eugénio C. Ferreira, member of the
Technical Committee on
Control of Biotechnological Processes of IFAC - International
Federation of Automatic Control.
- Eugénio C. Ferreira, member of the Task Group "Measurement,
Monitoring, Modelling & Control" section on Biochemical Engineering
Science of the European Federation of Biotechnology.
- Eugénio C. Ferreira, member of the Technical Committee on Image
Processing da International Association of Science and Technology
- Miguel Gama, National Delegate to
- Biotechnology for lignocellulose biorefineries (BIOBIO).
- Nelson Lima, member of the Task-force of Biological Resource Centres,
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), since 2001.
- Nelson Lima, member of the Executive Committee of the European
Culture Collection Organization (ECCO), 2003;
Collection Officer, 2003-2006.
- Nelson Lima, member of the Governing Board of the World
Federation of Culture Collections (WFCC),
- Nelson Lima,
Manager and National Delegate at the Governing Board of the
Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF).
- Manuel Mota, National Delegate to the V Framework Programme,
Programme Quality of Life, European Union, 1999-2002.
- Isabel Machado dos Santos, Secretary of the European Culture
Collection Organization (ECCO),
- José A. Teixeira, member (Portuguese delegate) of the
Party on Multiphase Flow of the European Federation of Chemical
- Maria João Vieira, National Delegate to
COST 520 – Biofouling and